Thursday, July 12, 2012

berry trifle

I know...I've been addicted to using my trifle bowl lately. Last week I wanted a light, summery dessert recipe for our 4th of July shindig. This one hit the spot! I REALLY wanted to cut the pound cake into star shapes for the occasion, but I couldn't find any star-shaped cookie cutters here in Alaska. Boo!


Ingredients:
1 Sara Lee pound cake (found in the freezer section)
1 container fresh strawberries
1 container fresh blueberries
1 container fresh blackberries/raspberries (whatever you prefer)
1 lg container whipped topping (I used low fat Cool Whip)


Directions:
-Cook the pound cake according to package directions. 
-Slice pound cake and strawberries up into small bite-sized pieces.
-Start with a layer of pound cake in your dish; then a layer of cool whip; then a layer of berries; repeat with 2nd, 3rd, 4th layer etc. 
-Top with remaining berries and refrigerate until use. Voila!

1 comment:

  1. really good piece of information, I had come to know about your site from my friend shubodh, kolkatta,i have read atleast nine posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your site gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards, cornish hen recipe

    ReplyDelete