Tuesday, December 21, 2010

sangria punch. sneakier than my sneaky punch.



A friend on facebook gave me this recipe. Thank you Crystal! I didn't realize how sneaky this punch is, until I was drunk after 1-2 glasses. We drink often too. Next time, I'll make sure to double this batch, it only makes a half-gallon, which is like 4-6 glasses. It only lasted 2 nights in our house. Not to mention it's DELICIOUS. I love sangria anything. I omitted the sliced fruit since it was me and the hubby. I also omitted the refrigerating overnight,  because I'm impatient. hahaha.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup brandy 
1 bottle dry red wine (I used Sutter Homes White Merlot, works just fine)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup triple sec
1/4 cup white sugar
8 maraschino cherries
1 lemon, sliced into rounds
1 orange, sliced into rounds
1 lime, sliced into rounds
bottle of pink champagne

Directions:
In a large pitcher or bowl, mix together the first 7 ingredients. Float slices of lemon, orange, lime, and maraschino cherries in the mixture. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor. For a fizzy sangria, add pink champagne just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment